EAL 2.0

from the known to the new

The WIDA Consortium (www.wida.us) is trying to develop tools and professional learning resources to better serve ELLs in international schools. At Shanghai American School, we have been using the WIDA standards and find their assessment tools very useful.

I'm curious about other schools:

1)  If you are familiar with WIDA, how do you think they can better support ELLs in international schools?

2) If you use WIDA resources at your school, what has been your experience?

Finally, if you'd like to get involved as a reviewer for new WIDA resources, please visit: http://www.wida.us/standards/international.aspx 

or contact me at jon.nordmeyer@saschina.org

Thanks!

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are considering taking a look at how this could be used for admission/ placement of EAL and for entry and exit criteria in the program.

Hi Jon,

It looks like we will pilot this next year (I've been looking forward to seeing this assessment/diagnostic in action for years!) for placement and monitoring purposes at ASWarsaw.

Cheers!

Hi Wendy-

This is exciting news. Can you email me at jon.nordmeyer@saschina.org? I'd love to ask you another question.

Thanks-

Jon

Some of our teachers piloted the WIDA-Apt this year, and we sent a couple of teachers to the WIDA training at the NESA Winter Training Institute.

The WIDA Consortium is now creating a consortium for international schools (WISC).  We became a charter member of WISC and will pilot the WIDA Model to use for monitoring and placement next year.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Wendy Windust.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service